So you decided to move but you don’t want to break a bank. From storage, through carrying boxes to installing furniture, the price can go up. Individuals are sometimes reluctant to call on professionals because they do not think they will be able to find cheap movers. Moving alone or with the help of those around you is often the first solution considered. Although this option is the best solution for an inexpensive move, it can have surprises in store. Taking charge of preparing the boxes, handling, transporting, and unloading represents many constraints and risks. Pile fragile boxes on top of each other end you will end up with broken or damaged items. You may also be faced with an additional cost by making incorrect volume estimates. This will cause you to make several round trips, which will be more expensive in the end.
Moving alone is not only tiring but also requires an investment of time. Therefore, be aware that moving companies do not all offer the same services, and very often you have the possibility of choosing between several formulas. So do not hesitate to ask and compare several moving quotes, this will also allow you to be able to negotiate the rates afterward. Moving company adapts to small budgets to offer you quality service. You can opt for the economical solution, including a truck with a driver. The rest of the movie is taken care of by you in this case. However, if it’s your first time moving and you are not sure what kind of packaging you will need for your items we offer a large choice of moving supplies.
Tips on how to move
The volume of the move can also affect the price of the service. The heavier and more bulky your loads, the more likely you are to increase your expenses. The price will not be the same for an apartment on the top floor of a building without an elevator and a more accessible house. If the moving companies need more labor or time for handling, the cost will be relatively high. Take the time to make an inventory of all your belongings by categorizing them by room. Now is the right time to sort through your belongings and make room: you will save money. Moreover, you can organize a garage sale and put up for sale any items that are no longer useful.
The location of your home is one of the most important criteria. If you are planning to move to another department, you need to budget extra for transportation costs. However, when your new home is located near your current place of residence it will cost you less. Since the move is not long-distance you are saving money. Find out in advance which season is the best for a cheaper move. You can choose the off-peak seasons to move inexpensively. During the summer period, most professional movers have a higher price, because they are more in demand, even often full! Remember to anticipate your requests! Nonetheless, our company can take care of short notice moves. Call us and we will find the best solution for you.
More tips on how to save money during the move
Besides the practical tips for making a low-cost move, there are other things you can save on. Here are some tips for a cheap move:
- Double-check the dates of your service changes: If your move date doesn’t quite match a service’s billing cycle, your best bet would be to stop that service sooner. Consider living a few days without an internet connection, so you can save money by not being billed for an extra month of unused service.
- Change suppliers: Just because you’re moving doesn’t mean you have to stick with your current service providers. Check out the websites of different providers to see if better deals exist.
- Complete the address change process: Remember to forward your mail to avoid loss of mail and unpaid invoices.
- Consume your food and plan your meals in advance: If you have non-perishable items that you can’t consume on time, donate them to charities or loved ones.
- Ask your company for moving assistance: This could be an extra day off, a moving allowance, or a certain amount to ease your installation costs.
No matter your budget or needs we are the perfect company for you. Let your move be taken care of by the professionals. By requesting a free quote from movers, you will be able to identify the offer that best meets your needs. You can personalize your move in minutes directly online or with the help of an advisor.